France Paris Mission 2014-2016

Week 4

A lot has happened this past week! My companion, Elder Williams has been sick the entire week and so all of the Elders in my district have been taking shifts staying with him, so we don't miss too much class time. It's still really hard though because we should have taught 6 lessons this week, but we were only able to teach one together, and then I taught one during a companion exchange.

On Saturday morning at like 4:00 am Elder Williams vomited and so we were cleaning up and we had to call security to bring some cleaner stuff...that was fun ;) On the bright side, the cleaner smelled really bad, so we asked for a fan, thinking we would get a little desk fan...well we didn't. (picture will be attached) This thing is amazing! It's really loud, but these past few nights I've gotten the best sleep...go figure!

Anyway on to more missionary related stuff, on Sunday I was assigned to be the new district leader and will be for the rest of our stay here. It was completely out of the blue and then after 2 hrs of meetings and lunch I had to teach a district meeting about the Atonement. It went surprisingly well! The Spirit was very present as we discussed, and shared testimony of the power of the Atonement in our lives.

That night Chad Lewis (Ex NFL player) came and spoke to us about his mission and how we should "let our lights shine". It was probably my favorite devotional so far! It was also very cool because there was an Elder from Scotland who performed a special musical number (it was very beautiful) and guess who happened to be his accompanist? Andressa Johanson, Ali's sister! She was so wonderful, and it was nice to see a familiar face.

Speaking of familiar faces, this past Wednesday Elders Andrew Luke and Nathan Jones arrived and they're companions going to the same mission! Also, I ran into Sister Hannah Schone and was able to chat with her for a bit. To top it off, I've talked to Elder Jaden Ahquin a few times! So at this very moment three members of PVHS 2014 student council are here in the MTC.

As far as le francais goes, I'm progressing very quickly! I am getting better just talking to people, but where the progress is most evident is in the teaching. One of our "investigators" that Sister Kofoed plays is named Tania and she didn't have any beliefs about God, and she's been a tough investigator for all of the companionships because she won't pray because it's weird and difficult for her. But in the very first lesson Elder Williams and I taught her the Spirit was helping me so much with the language and was testifying to her so strongly that (after a couple invitations and a promise to help her) she closed that lesson with her first prayer. Afterward when Sister Kofoed walked back in to the room she just looked at me and said, "Holy Cow!" That was kind of difficult for one of the companionships of Sisters because they had taught her three times, and she wouldn't pray. But I know it wasn't me, it was the Holy Ghost, and I'm so thankful for the calling that I have as a missionary because it allows me to have a connection with the Spirit that can't be rivaled. 

I love being a missionary, and I can't wait to get out in the field! I'm halfway done here at the MTC, and I couldn't be more excited about finally arriving in the mission field and beginning to work.

I love you all so much!

Elder Jorgensen

P.S. In the picture (from left to right): Elder George, Norfolk County, England; Elder Durant, Minneapolis, Minnesota; Elder Williams, Tulsa, Oklahoma; and me.









No comments:

Post a Comment