France Paris Mission 2014-2016

Week 3 --- Bonjour!!

This week has been really long. 12 hours of class a day is exhausting, but each day is getting better as I pick up the language. French is coming along fairly well, not as fast as I would like, but it's coming. 

Elder Williams and I continued teaching Quentin this week, and then Friday we found out that he is an instructor here at the MTC. His real name is Brother Kellett. He served in the France, Paris Mission where he met his wife, another missionary, and now they both teach at the MTC. Now he teaches one of our district's 4 hour class blocks each day. He is TRES COOL! (that is an actual French phrase haha)

Now we will be teaching him and Sister Kofoed, our other instructor, a couple times each week.

Sunday nights are my favorite (other than P-days!) because we have an awesome devotional followed by a chance to just chill and watch a Church movie. This week we had D. Greg Droubay (Media director for the missionary department) he talked to us about the different things his department does to help us find people to teach, like: pass-along cards, Mormon.org, "Because of Him" Easter event, "It was Mom" and He also showed us a sneak peek of the Christmas event and advertising they'll be releasing in December. I can't tell you about it, but it is going to be AMAZING!!

I love Christmas! So does my district, yesterday we had some time after teaching and we all just sang all of the Christmas hymns en francais. It was a blast!

Anyway back to Sunday, after the devotional my district decided to go watch "The Testaments" a church movie (probably from the 90's) about Christ's ministry in the Holy Land and His visit to the Americas. I almost completely lost it. The Holy Ghost was so present during that movie, and I could feel our Savior's love embracing me as I watched Him minister to the people in the Americas.

I know that Jesus is the Christ. His love for us exceeds our comprehension. Pray frequently to gain this witness for yourself and to feel His love. I promise you that as you do you can find peace in this life and joy beyond imagination.

Also, I LOVE singing in the MTC choir! Our director is hilarious and teaches us so much about our service and the gospel. Tonight we'll be singing an arrangement of "We Are All Enlisted" for the devotional. It's just so powerful!

Last thing before I have to go, if you want to write to me DearElder.com or letters are the best option because I only have an hour to read and respond to all of the emails on P-day. With letters I can write a response during the week and just type it up on P-day.

Anyway, I love you all and thank you for your support and prayers! The gospel est vrai!

Love,
Elder Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment