France Paris Mission 2014-2016

Week 44 --- Elder Libby...what a stud!!

So this week has been super awesome! On Monday we went and saw Sister Jordan. I thought it went super awesome. Elder Alvarez said goodbye and what not, then we did the same for Mike, the recent convert, and Miguel a less active we work with.

Wednesday morning, we went into Paris and I picked up my new companion, Elder Libby. I can't explain how cool this guy is! We have the same taste in movies (we'll quote a super obscure movie and we always get the reference haha), similar sense of humor, and we even kind of look alike (sort of). Haha. But in all seriousness he's a super hard worker, he got along so well with the members, and I'm incredibly excited about our transfer together!

On Thursday, we were out contacting and we talked to this lady named Elizabeth. She used to believe in God, because of serious trials she's faced the last 40 years she has lost her faith. We talked to her for about 20 minutes, testified of God's love, explained Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, and encouraged her to learn more. She said that she had tried to find answers in many churches and this would be the last one she would try (Obviously we weren't too worried about that ;) ). She actually lives in Reims where Elder Libby was just the day before, so we were able to get her in contact with the missionaries there. It was a really cool experience.

We also got Miguel to come to church this Sunday! Elder Libby and I saw him on Saturday and shared a good lesson on his duty as a priesthood holder, and he showed up the next day!

Fun little side note, Elder Libby has now got me hooked on the Joseph Smith Papers Project. A documentary thing that KJZZ did with the church. Every night after we plan, we close the shutters, get a bowl of cereal, turn off the lights, and have our little movie night. :) They are actually really interesting!

Well I love all you guys! Shoot me an email/letter with pictures because I'd love to hear what's new in all of your lives :)

Have a great week!

Elder Bronson Jorgensen

PICTURES:

Elder Libby is from Kaysville and is one transfer older than me in the mission. The other picture is me, Elder Alvarez, and Mike the recent convert.




No comments:

Post a Comment