France Paris Mission 2014-2016

Week 19 --- Do I stay or do I go . . . ?

So transfers are this week and.... I'm staying in La Rochelle! Elder Godfrey is going up to Lille (North of France right by Belgium) and I'm going to Paris to pick up my new companion, Elder Smith.

This week has been really rough and rewarding at the same time. We only taught five lessons. One of the worst weeks I've had as far as numbers go, but there was one lesson in particular that was super cool. Story time...

So the very first week I was here we taught a super cool lady named Macilene. She's from Brazil, but has been living here in France for 15 years. She has three young kids and a strong belief in God. She recognizes the need for her kid's to know God, so she enrolled them in a Catholic school even though she isn't practicing at all. Anyway, we hadn't been able to see her until this last week. We taught the Restoration and she totally accepted it and she had already read a little bit in the Book of Mormon. We extended a soft baptismal invite and she said, "I've already been baptized Catholic." Usually when someone says this the next thing they say is that they don't need to be baptized again, but she said, "Would that be a problem for me to be baptized in your church?" Obviously we told her there wasn't any problem, and she seemed really excited. 

A little update on the French, I still think I'm pretty lost, but I've received many compliments from members and other missionaries, so apparently I'm not too bad :) haha

I have to go, but I'll leave you with a President Uchtdorf quote, "No matter our circumstances, no matter our challenges or trials, there is something each day to embrace and cherish. There is something in each day that can bring gratitude and joy if only we will see and appreciate it"

Je vous aime tous!!
Elder Jorgensen



No comments:

Post a Comment